HOME • HORSE HAIR BRACELETS • HORSE HAIR NECKLACES • HORSE HAIR RINGS & PENDANTS • HORSE HAIR EARRINGS
PREPARATION OF YOUR HORSE HAIR
You will find below specific instructions about the collection, preparation and packaging of the horse hair we will use to create your custom jewelry. Please refer to these steps before you collect your horse hair. The more closely you follow these simple steps, the more elegant your custom jewelry will be. We do realize that, in some cases, your horse hair had been previously saved. The less you do with hair that is already packaged, the better. Should it be unsuitable for plaiting, it will immediately be returned. All unused hair is always returned.
1. For horse hair that has previously been saved, please make sure that it is bound at one end. The less you do with hair you have collected in the past, the more exquisite your jewelry will turn out to be.
2. Brush or comb out your horse's clean hair prior to cutting. Please do not apply show sheen, conditioner or other products to the hair.
3. The longest hair is generally found at the tip of the tail bone, in the center of the tail, and will be best for creating your jewelry. Gather together a lock of hair that is about the diameter of a pencil, about 1/2 inch when tightly squeezed together.
Here are the minimum lengths we need:
4. With scissors, cut the horsehair you have gathered from the tip of the tail and immediately bind the hair with a rubber band or several braiding bands. Please avoid using tape. Keep the cut ends even with each other.
5. Loosely coil the bundle of hair and place it into a large plastic bag or over sized envelope. Do not braid, knot, fold or kink the hair.
6. Place a note inside or on the package which indicates both you and your horse's names, address, phone, email and reminder of what you are ordering. Simply follow our ordering instructions.
ORDERING YOUR HORSE HAIR JEWELRY
1. Pick out a jewelry setting from our jewelry pages
Look through our equestrian jewelry collections pages and pick out a setting. Choose a necklace, bracelet, earrings, ring, ensemble, accessory, or Solenaro Designs original.
We can provide you with a beautiful gift certificate if you would like someone else to decide.
2. Choose a horse hair plait pattern you would like us to create There are many plait patterns available, many of which we can create from your horse hair and display in your setting. Please make sure that the pattern you have chosen is available with your choice of jewelry settings.
scroll down to pick out an available plait pattern
3. Collect and package your horse hair
4. Contact us to order your heirloom jewelry
Once you have chosen your setting and plait pattern, the rest is simple.
Call or email us to place your jewelry order, answer any questions you have or help you with your design. Then send your horse hair and a check to cover your deposit. If you prefer, you may pay with a credit card through Google Checkout. We'll have Google email you a Google Checkout invoice.
We'll email you a confirmation and create your Solenaro Designs horsehair jewelry items.
Solenaro Designs Horsehair Jewelry
Please click images for expanded details
908 875-9713 6782 PHILLIPS MILL RD PO BOX 15 SOLEBURY, PA 18963
ABOUT SOLENARO DESIGNS RESOURCES © 2015 SOLENARO DESIGNS