SOLENARO DESIGNS makes exquisite custom horse hair jewelry to help you honor, memorialize and forever keep your horse or pony with you. And because the focus of our horse hair jewelry is your horse, you won't find equine charms like snaffles, horseshoes, fox heads or tack often found on other custom equestrian jewelry. We believe those things honor your sport. Our custom jewelry, made from a lock of your horse or pony's tail hair, is custom made and designed with your equine loved ones as the subjects. Each piece of our jewelry is as unique and individual as your horse. Please honor us by visiting the pages of our site and allow us to to help keep your equine friends close to you forever. We believe no matter how beautiful our settings...it's never about our jewelry...it's always about your horse.
* How does this work? Its very simply, exciting and fun. First you select a bracelet, necklace, earring, ring, pendant or accessory setting from one of our jewelry pages. Second you select the pattern you want your horse or pony's tail hair to be plaited into. Remember to check which patterns are available for the setting you choose. Contact us and then send us your horse hair and payment. Thats about it. For complete details, please follow our "how to order" guidelines.
* Any horse hair that is not used in the creation of your hand made horse hair plait will be carefully handled and returned to you.
* A gift of Solenaro Designs Horsehair Jewelry is almost always thought of as "the best present" an equestrian has ever opened. Almost every day we hear from riders, trainers, vets, instructors, husbands and wives about how well their gifts were received. Be prepared because there are often tears. It truly is a wonderful gesture; personal, unique and beautiful and one that will be remembered for many years. If you prefer to have your friends and loved ones take care of the details, we do have gift certificates.
* The term "plait" refers to the finished form of your horse hair. It is not braided (made from three bundles of hair) or a weave (woven and held together with horizontal threads). Our hair plaiting techniques are proprietorial yet simple. Based upon Victorian hair plaiting principles, all of our hair plaits are hand made. We use no looms, bobbins or machinery of any kind. Your horse hair is hand sorted, prepared, bundled and plaited by hand so that every inch is perfect.
* Comfortable? You bet it is. You will be astounded at how often you'll forget that you are wearing jewelry. It is silky to the touch and pliable like a cord.
* The care of your hand made horse hair plait is simple. Its horse hair! Give it a bath. An occasional rinse in shampoo water, gently blotted and laid out on a towel to air dry and its clean. Polish any sterling with a clean silver jewelry polishing cloth and its done.
* Solenaro Designs does occasionally take to the road to exhibit jewelry at special events and locations. Our jewelry line has been viewed at the State Museum of Pennsylvania, Sterlingbrook Farm Juried Equine Art Exhibit, Prallsville Mills Art Gallery, Horsemen's Outlet Horse Supply Superstore, Black River Farm' Autumn Classic Grand Prix and the Angel Flight NE benefit show at Duncraven Farm. July and August of 2008 were special months for us. The State Museum of Pennsylvania honored us with an invitation to exhibit our jewelry in a gallery presentation of notable brooches, entitled Pin Up: The Brooch. Hope we saw you there.
* Finally, we really do care about your order. We know that it is more than a piece of jewelry. Its a special reminder of your horse. We want to exceed all of your expectations. We know how much this means to you or your gift recipient. Your Solenaro Designs jewelry order doesn't leave our studio until its perfect. So weather you own, train, or ride hunter/jumper, dressage, equitation, pleasure, event, play polo, fox hunt or have an elderly equine friend in the field, please don't hesitate to call or write to us. Please consider allowing us to help honor, memorialize and forever keep your horse or pony with you.